If you are looking for an intimate wedding venue with incredible views and photographic opportunities, then the Drakensberg Mountain Retreat is the place for you! Take your vows with a mountain backdrop, horses roaming around and complete quietness. Situated just 3 hours from Johannesburg, Bloemfontein and Durban – this venue will make it easier for your guests to travel from different provinces.
WHY CHOOSE DRAKENSBERG MOUNTAIN RETREAT AS YOUR WEDDING VENUE?
- We provide on-site, comfortable accommodation for your guests.
- The breathtaking scenery/venue is ideal for those all-important wedding photographs
- Catering on site instead of hiring an external catering company
- Central location for those traveling from Johannnesburg, Durban or Bloemfontein
- One night in the Honeymoon suite as a gift from the Drakensberg Mountain Retreat
- Option of an indoor or outdoor wedding
- Indoor pool
- Common lounge/entertainment area to enjoy time with your wedding party
OUTDOOR CEREMONY VENUE
Our rustic farm style décor, old wooden benches, covered straw bales and antique wooden chairs provide the perfect elements for your outdoor mountain wedding.
INDOOR CEREMONY VENUE
If the weather doesn’t come to the party then there are 2 indoor venue’s to choose from:
- Vergezient Lodge reception room (30 max)
- Zonderntwyfel Barnhouse reception room (50 max)
Guests will be seated on rustic vintage style benches or standard chairs if you wish.
You may choose to host your reception at either the Lodge or the Barnhouse.
For pricing on venue hire and per head charges, please do not hesitate to contact the DMR team.
OUR MARRIAGE CEREMONY HIRE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Plastic chairs, some wooden chairs, hay bales, benches
- Wooden podium/stage
- Arch, not draped or decorated
- Signing table and antique chairs
- Welcome drinks