Nowadays we all seem to be in pursuit of Travel. Travelling has most definitely become a trendy culture and one that those that have the time and resources to do so, do! Whether you’re a family looking to get away from home for a few days to spend some real quality time outdoors. Or a couple that wish to celebrate their honeymoon or an anniversary. Or maybe a company that needs a retreat at which team members and colleagues can bond and discuss matters outside of the office environment. Drakensberg Mountain Retreat have tried to make it easier for you to decide on the right accommodation for your situation. Please see the below for appropriate accommodation options and contact DMR should you have any further questions.
DMR OFFER TWO SEPARATE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS;
Anyone may choose to stay at either of the buildings but we have outlined some more details on each to try and make it a little easier for you to decide. Having options is never a problem though!
Regular en-suite bedrooms are available as well as 4 dormitory-style rooms. Ideal for groups as there is accommodation for 25 guests in all.
The Lodge has regular rooms and offers a dinner, bed and breakfast rate. The rates vary per room and can be found here. A number of the rooms here have their own lounges should you be looking for more privacy.
So, you’re looking for a romantic weekend away, want to celebrate an anniversary or just want to spoil the one you love with a weekend get-away? We think that the Lodge is ideal for you and below are some of the reasons why:
- 3 course candle lit dinners
- Superior cozy rooms with fireplaces and majestic views
- Large indoor pool area for some relaxing bathing
- A full size billiard table for a fun contest against your partner
- Hiking/biking in spectacular scenery with wild horses looking on
Both the Lodge and Barnhouse offer great holiday time for families with plenty of outdoor, healthy fun times for the children.
Enjoy a special large family get together at the perfect venue, the Barnhouse. Here’s why:
- A self- catering option which makes this an inexpensive holiday
- A well equipped kitchen and a covered braai area
- Loads of space with 5 en-suite rooms and 4 dormitory style rooms
- Indoor pool
- Gorgeous fire place for those cold winter evenings
- Equidistant from Durban and Johannesburg making it convenient for families to meet up
At the Lodge for the family:
- A spacious kiddies’ room with games available and cushions for the children to curl up on and watch DVD’s while mom and dad dine and have time out together
- Dinner and breakfast are taken care of deliciously so a break from the kitchen
- Take a family hike; we cater for all abilities
- Large indoor pool
If you are a company needing a conference venue away from the city or something remote for team building exercises, The Barnhouse is best for bigger groups/conference groups:
- Our conference facility is part of the same building
- Catering available for the venue
- Accommodation comprises 5 en-suite rooms, sleeping 12 people and 4 dormitory rooms sleeping 13.
Should you have any further questions or queries regarding your stay with us in the majestic Northern Drakensberg, contact us today.by