Drakensberg Mountain Retreat not only offers guests a chance to unwind and relax in beautiful surroundings and enjoy warm hospitality, but also offers delicious meals served in a comfortable dining-room from which one can enjoy the scenic beauty of the majestic Drakensberg.
For those guests who wish to enjoy a private dining-experience to celebrate a special occasion, we offer a separate dining-room for this purpose.
The menu incorporates seasonal produce, most of which is sourced locally. A variety of delicious soups, casseroles, roasts and other such ‘winter’ fare is guaranteed to warm you up on a chilly evening in the Drakensberg. Our desserts are exactly what all desserts should be, naughty but nice!
We serve a full country-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Take a sneak peek below at some of the meals that feature on our dinner menu…
What’s on offer in this idyllic setting? Just a few of the things that feature on our menu include;
- Butternut, pear & blue cheese soup.
- Roasted tomato soup with croutons
- Bruschetta done 3 ways
- Chicken, feta & blueberry salad starter
- Chicken with spinach cakes, yellow rice, roast potatoes & honey infused carrots
- Prawn pasta
- DMR frozen nut crunch
- Ice cream and chocolate sauce in a wafer basket
- Cream choc cups
Some other meals or snacks available include;
- a welcome vetkoek cheese platter
- Home baked feather light hot cross buns
- Cheese platter
- Homemade bread
There is lots more available for you to try! We also offer a private dining room for those looking to enjoy a private dining experience!